Social Mission: From Poverty to Wealth one Business at a Time
PARTNERS is committed to providing business expertise to reducing poverty both globally and domestically. Consequently, as part of our mission, we contribute time, gratis, to both local and global organizations working to alleviate poverty or increase opportunity, preferably through bringing business skills to the issue. We are also investigating other opportunities to contribute to job growth through providing business skills, as well as exploring synergies with microfinance organizations.
- First 40 Grow Movement projects help create 100 jobs. Read more details.
- Each Grow project costs 60 British pounds (roughly US$120). Click here to find a project and donate.
- PARTNERS provided expertise to Gerabo, a poultry and piglet farmer, to develop a profitable business model and provide an growth niche. View the case study and video at Grow Volunteer Consulting.
For Social Enterprise Organizations
We assist social entrepreneurs with:
- Developing effective business plans to attain financing;
- Segmenting market effectively to generate new business opportunities and competitive advantage;
- Entering new markets, including new geographies;
- Launching new products;
- Effective financial analysis;
- Generating appropriate sales leads; and
- Developing highly effective promotional plans.
- And more.
Social Enterprise Speaking Engagements:
In the Spring of 2011, PARTNERS led a workshop at the Harvard Social Enterprise Conference 2011
Writing on Social Enterprise for JustMeans.com. Articles include:
- DSM, USAID Partner to Fortify Rice
- Ancient Malaria Killer Gains Spotlight
- $20MM to feed 17MM Hungry US Kids
- Teens Donate More, Volunteer More, Create Social Enterprises
- UN, Western Union Ally to End Extreme Poverty
- Safe Water for 70,000 Nepalese Now, 350,000 Worldwide by 2014
- Oh to Win the War on Wily Malaria
- Seattle Investments Help 94,000 Latin American Poor
- Internet Assists Economic Growth in Africa – Not Only Political Change
Links to Resources for Social Enterprise
http://www.impacthub.net A global network of social enterprise expertise with local hubs, to assist in the success of your social enterprise.
http://usa.ashoka.org/fellows-map The link provides the list of USA Fellows. From here, it is possible to find a link to Ashoka’s Fellows around the world. Ashoka is a national leader in supporting social entrepreneurs around the world.
http://skollworldforum.org/about/what-is-social-entrepreneurship/ A leader in the field.
http://www.sevea-asso.org/analyses_decryptages_en.html Info and case studies
Experience Architect – Aspiring to make the world a better place through Social Innovation
https://www.udemy.com/socialentrepreneurship/ Online course on social entrepreneurship.