Tove Rasmussen has long been passionate about growing revenues and profits of small firms and Fortune 500 companies. She has served as general manager, global marketing manager, operations manager and consultant for many companies looking to expand business and improve operations. She now brings this passion and successful experience to mentoring and consulting with business heads to help them grow both revenues and profits through Partners Creating Growth.
Tove’s accomplishments include:
- Growing the Dairy Division of IDEXX Laboratories, by 50%, the fastest growing division of high growth IDEXX in 2009.
- Innovative Packaging Services Division of Sonoco, which under her guidance, grew from $200 million to $400 million, and
- Moving a flexible plastics packaging firm into a new, profitable laminations market.
Operations and Profit Improvement
She has also improved operations and increase profitability at:
- The $100 million RR Donnelley (RRD) Portland, Oregon facility, she increased profits 1300% ($3.9 million) due to excelling in demanding new market and significantly increasing productivity through lean and six sigma.
- At the RRD plant, she led the operations team to meet or exceed all safety, quality, productivity and financial goals on the site for the first time in ten years.
- A multi-million manufacturing company, she led the facility’s team to bring the plant from $1 million loss to break-even through increasing productivity and exiting the low-end flexible packaging market.
Tove has strong expertise in all strategic facets of business, including leading Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, R&D, and Technical Manufacturing Operations. Within each organization over her 20 years of business experience, Tove has taken pride in effectively mentoring and developing both colleagues and staff.
She is also committed to bringing business growth to provide more economic opportunities for those in disadvantaged regions in the US and globally. This is the social mission of her social enterprise, Partners Creating Growth, whose business mission is to offer business expertise to small and mid-sized firms dedicated to significant growth. As part of this, she is currently on the Biotechnology Technology Board at the Maine Technology Institute, working to fund new technologies that can drive growth.
Tove holds a BA, as a Political Science Major (Honors) and African Studies Minor, from the University of Toronto. She holds an MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business, the top business school in Canada. She has also completed an intensive coaching program grounded in effective listening as well as the Co-Active Coaching Fundamentals from the Coaches Training Institute in Washington, DC. She holds a Certified Management Accountant designation, and teaches in several local business schools.
Tove lives near the coast of northern New England, and enjoys hiking in the summer, skiing in the winter and the ocean all year.
Photo credits: Helen Lataille