1. Focus on your customer. Word of mouth is the best advertising and growth can come from existing customers, as they grow.
2. Focus on your market. This, of course, is made up of your customers and prospects. Understand who your market is, and understand their needs. John Jantsch puts this in terms of understanding your ideal client.
3. Bring compelling value to your market on a need that is important to the market. Being different or better on something that doesn’t matter to customers isn’t worth anything at all.
4. Deliver on the promise of value. The company operation needs to be organized and smooth with the right people in place to ensure customers receive the expected value.
5. Effective promotion that meets prospects where they are and when they want to buy.
Tove Rasmussen, Business Coach & CEO of Partners Creating Growth, offers business expertise worldwide to help organizations grow, and disadvantaged regions thrive.
Photo credit: Ashley Wang